2 Oct 2007

Khartoum - Capital at the Confluence of the Nile

I've arrived in Khartoum, Sudan's dusty desert capital the first milestone in my journey since leaving Cairo. It's a big. spread-out city located at the confluence of the Blue and White Niles.

I'm staying at the very cool Blue Nile Sailing Club, haunt of the local expat community and wealthy Sudanese businessmen. I just roll my sleeping bag out at night and sleep on the grass under the stars. I'm the only traveller at the moment, but I'm hoping that will change. There is a rather impressive view, as you can see below. Not bad for US$3 per night!



By tomorrow I should have my Ethiopian visa. I then plan to do an overnight trip to the pyramids at Meroe, about 2 hours from Khartoum. From there, I'll head to Ethiopia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.