23 Sept 2007

By Felucca down the Nile

While waiting for the ferry to Wadi Halfa, I decided to take a felucca ride on the Nile. Feluccas are the traditional sailing boats used for transportation on the Nile. It turned out to be a great idea. We were a group of 5: Miles and I from NZ, Jeremy from Australia, Angelika from Germany and Jasmine from Canada, plus our two Captains, Captain Rambo and Captain Saeed (I think).

Jeremy has been sailing with these guys for a few weeks, learning the ropes of how to sail a felucca. It's nice way to spend time in a beautiful place.

We all got on very well and had a very chilled out time, as you can see from the pictures.


This evening I said goodbye to the others and took a minibus back to Aswan. They are sleeping another night on the boat, but I have to be at the port in Aswan by 10am tomorrow for my ferry to Sudan. I'll write more when I arrive in Khartoum in a week or so.

1 comment:

Raphu said...

Hi Paul!
Have a great trip to Sudan, must be amazing to take this single ferry! Remind me some nice memories..ferries..

Dont drink to much vodka ahaha!!