18 Sept 2007

On the Road

Cairo. I flew in from Brussels this morning and it's good to be back. Hectic and hot but I'm dealing with it. I'm staying just long enough to get my letter of invitation from the NZ embassy, which I need for my visa to Sudan. The visa for Sudan I'll get down in Aswan. By Thursday evening, I should be on the train heading south.

At sunset this evening I made my way to the Kahn al Kalili market and with the aid of a little baksheesh got up on top of a mosque to get a view over the city.The Imams were wailing, and the sounds of the market drifted up from below. Just an awesome spot to get back into the groove of being 'on the road'.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Miles said...

Looks great, have a good journey!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,
I'm glad you are back on the road and feel good. I'll follow your trip with great pleasure. Eva