19 Jan 2008

Getting Busy

Suddenly lots of things are happening. I've got a job interview lined up at a firm in Lower Hutt, near Wellington on January 28. I'm quietly confident about my chances. Christina and I will drive down to Wellington for the interview. We're leaving this Monday, which will give us plenty of time to see some sights during our drive south. We plan to first head to Hawkes Bay on the East Coast and follow the coastline down from there.

We also re-read the immigration requirements and feel that Christina has an excellent chance to get a Work Permit for New Zealand on the basis of my citizenship. We'd been advised against doing this by the NZ Consulate in Geneva, but we're confident and will give it a shot. We are in the process of filling out the application form. Once we submit it, together with a medical report and police certificate, we should know the answer within 30 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy Guy!!! I thought the Gorillas had eaten you!!!! Glad you are fine!! Say hello to the hobbits from me!! Raph